Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giving

Bhut jolokia

My newest plant arrived in yesterday's mail. It is a Bhut jolokia chilli which is apparently the world's hottest. I can assure I will not be testing the claim, I will leave it up to the resident chilli fanciers. My tolerance for spicy things has waned in the last two years for some unknown reason but I will probably have a little try and regret it after. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has tried this chilli and how it rates heatwise.

 I love getting mail (bills excluded) and our letter box has been very active of late. Secret parcels coming in and now I have a few to post away.


All of my remaining swap parcels are being posted tomorrow and I hope they will be well received at their destinations. I enjoyed getting to know my swap partners by reading their blogs but it does feel a little creepy strange looking in on their lives without even saying hello because everything is top secret.

I'm making a day of being in town tomorrow and doing some Christmas and birthday shopping and also donating blood. And while I'm in the giving mood, I would like to offer a set of  my felt ornaments as a giveaway.

 
I will leave the giveaway open until next Wednesday, 28th November and then draw a name. Just leave a comment to be in the running. Like Sunny Corner Farm on Facebook for an extra chance too.
 
Tracy

14 comments:

Vickie said...

UH OH that chilli sound sdang hot.. i am unable ot eat spicy or hot foods..wow looks like you have been busy..I hope you enjoy your day in town, cheers Vickie

Lisa said...

Oh, I love those ornaments!

Lisa said...

chilli yummo ! me to i have a heap of parcels going out tomorrow..sigh the post office is going to love me .. excited about getting mail too and yep excluding bills which seem to be hitting my mail box this time of year!!...

enjoy your day in town.
hugs xo

trishie said...

The ornaments are so sweet, count me in for a chance to win. I've liked your FB page.

Jeanette said...

Already liked your Facebook page ages ago. :) Not sure but i think that is the chili my son bought. Must check to see if it is still growing. Would love to win your ornaments. Hugs,

Becky said...

WOW! I wonder if those are the chili's used in the sauce you have to sign a waver to buy here. Be careful... have milk ready and go with just a VERY tiny taste. :) Sounds pretty HOT!

Oh and I'd LOVE a chance to win some of your gorgeous ornaments,

Janice said...

There's no way I'd be trying that chilli. I'm just not good with very spicy food. I bought what I thought was a yellow capsicum yesterday, but it ended up being a chilli. I' hope it's not too hot.

You've been having lots of fun with your Christmas decorations. They all look lovely.

africanaussie said...

I eventually broke down and got a tree this year because my mom sent me a few wire and bead ornaments from South Africa. It is going to look a little sparse so I have been crocheting snowflakes madly to fill it up. Your felt ornaments are lovely and would look so pretty on my tree. All homemade goodness, just the way I like it.

Tania @ Out Back said...

You have been very busy lately Tracy. I love seeing what you are doing and creating :)

Those felt ornaments look great and would love to see them on my tree :)

x

Joolz said...

The ornaments are very cute and would lovely on any tree (especially mine!)

Cheers - Joolz

Kat said...

hi tracey i just wanted to say a massive thank you! I received my ornaments today and I love them. I can't wait to decorate my tree now.

Marion said...

I would love them too.

Just found your blog and enjoying it greatly. Thanks.

Fiona said...

... and I'm trying to sneak in at the last minute..your ornaments are lovely.... I use quite a bit of chilli but I haven't used those... I have some of the little ones growing wild in the garden... have a lovely trip to Sydney and happy birthday to Tom.... I'm off to do the like on f/b...
Hugz

Hayley said...

Just came across your blog via Christina's Ornament Swap. I have enjoyed looking through your blog. It is a lovely site. I love reading about other people's happenings in their daily life. Your ornaments are absolutely gorgeous. Wishing you a wonderful week.
Hayley