Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

New beginnings

Heartsease



I am not by nature a person who seeks attention or who needs an audience but I have discovered that I do truly like to write things down for my own personal record and to share as well. This has been really brought home to me in the few months since I privatised (and basically stopped posting on) my original blog. I have missed it. The writing, the interaction, the sharing. I have not missed the prying eyes of that one person who was reading my posts in hopes of finding me falling down.



Limes posing as lemons


 This space will be dedicated to my garden, perhaps some sewing, other crafts, cooking and some posts on some of my other hobbies- letter-writing, reading, caring for animals. What won't be here is anything too personal or revealing. No politics or religion. Nothing nasty ever. Although life is not always a picture of happiness, I always aim to have a sunny disposition and attitude and I hope it will come across as I continue to post.

I read a quote on my friend Rift's page today which rings true for me.


You should write because you love the shape of stories and sentences and the creation of different words on a page. Writing comes from reading, and reading is the finest teacher of how to write.
~ Annie Proulx
 
Bye for now
Tracy

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Never a truer sentiment. I love reading. My head seems full of words. Blogging gives me the chance to let some of them out and i do enjoy writing.