Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas Card Swap


This year I joined Amy's Christmas card swap. I joined up at almost the last minute and I'm happy that I did because as I've said before I didn't join any crafting swaps so I was missing the fun that comes with swapping. My partner was Debbie and she sent me a very pretty card.  I do like those sweet little red-breasted birds. I also like the snowy scenes that are on a lot of cards from the northern hemisphere.

I don't think Christmas cards are as popular as they once were but I love exchanging them. They may be just a yearly catch-up with old friends or a little bit of joy to a new friend. Next year I think they will be even less popular, postage costs are set to increase here in Australia. This is not good news to someone like me who has many penpals and likes to send happy mail every day. And yes, I do think about the environmental impact of sending cards and letters and do my best in offsetting the costs.

I hope my letterbox stays busy. Have you exchanged cards this year?
Tracy

14 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

I am so glad that you enjoyed the swap! Thank you for taking part. Happy Christmas! xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy what a beautiful card you received,yes i think swap numbers will be down also because of postage costs,hope you have a wonderful day my friend xx

Lisa said...

Oh, gosh, Tracy - I've surely sent about sixty, but it may get close to eighty. I like sending Christmas greetings; it seems important to me, but we certainly don't get eighty back! :)

The little birds are English robins, and a popular theme on cards from the UK, I believe. We have a red-breasted bird, called a robin, but it's larger than the European one, and not so cute. :)
When I'm done sending cards, I'll be able to write you a letter. :D

Julie's Lifestyle said...

What a pretty card Tracy! I'm visiting from Amy's card swap! Wishing you a Merry Christmas!!

Angela - Garden Tea Cakes and Me said...

I've enjoyed the Christmas card swap this year and what a beautiful card you received. I do favour a Robin on a Christmas card and with a snowy scene, its most magical.

mamasmercantile said...

Popping over from Amy's blog. What fun to participate in the card exchange. A beautiful card, I love robins too. The postage costs have increased over here in the UK too which stops a lot of people posting cards such a shame. Merry Christmas.

eclectichomelife said...

I agree, I do not think as many people are sending cards anymore. We have had several notices that people are instead donating to charity rather than buying a card. Great idea, but it is sad not to send and have that personal touch x

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

A very sweet little card. The digital age certainly hasn't done anything to improve the environment when everyone is updating their tech devices annually, and some more than often that. I do still love receiving snail mail and even reading an old fashioned book. :) Happy holidays!

Lilly's Mom said...

Hello from southern California. It was fun participating in Amy's card swap. Your card is lovely. You are right about not many cards. I've only gotten a few this season. The price of postage is so much more. Have a Merry Christmas, Pat

River said...

I love Christmas cards as much as I always have, I just don't send as many these days. I like the fun of choosing just the right card for family members.

Gina said...

What a pretty card. Happy Christmas x

Debbie said...

Hi Tracy...Just wanted to say...'Thank you' for your lovely Christmas card...It's beautiful. Wishing and your family a Wonderful Christmas and a very Happy, Healthy and Peaceful New Year. Debbie xx

Dotty's Daughter said...

The swap was lovely, I enjoyed doing it too. I'm finding lots of new blogs...happy christmas

Elizabeth Edwards said...

oh wow, Australia. i hope to visit your lands one day. fingers crossed on that one. i love your card, so so cute.

i just hopped over to see your Christmas card swap from "Amy's at Love Made My Home". hope you are well. that you had a nice Christmas. here's hoping the New Year will be a great one for all. take care. all the best to ya. ( :