|Random picture of the backyard.|
February is a big spend month in my house. Car insurance, registration, school fees and council rates on top of the regular expenses. I have budgeted for these things but having them all occur in the one month makes me want to be extra careful spending-wise this month. I'm also saving vigorously for a holiday which gives me even more impetus. I can't think of a single way to bring in a few more bucks so I just have to make the money I have work harder for me.
It's a good thing to look hard at where the money goes and find any leaks in the system. You know, those little things that can add up without you even realising. Cups of coffee, takeaways, magazines and probably lots of other little spends that are not coming to mind right now.
This month I'm:
- tracking my spending and making sure I don't squander a cent.
- making budget conscious meals all month (sometimes I do splurge on ingredients)
- taking my library books back on time to avoid fines (I am hopeless)
- limiting expenses to necessities (except for my luxury item)
- making best use of the garden produce
- selling honey
- selling beeswax
A little bit of pocket money for my stamps is my luxury this month and that expense to me is worth far more than the face value of the stamp.