Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weekend Happenings

Ofcourse there has been lots of outdoor activity over the weekend. Gardening in general but planting summer seeds and seedlings in particular. There will be more about that tomorrow in my Back to Basics post.The weather has finally been kind enough to allow painting to start on the outside of the house. So far I have avoided any contact with the paintbrush or roller but it is only a matter of time before I will have to do my bit. I did make sure the resident painter was well provided for at break time with some frersh baking and cups of tea and that he had music to listen to while he painted. Thanks Tim, you're the best.
I really have been bitten by the sewing bug. I had a stack of nine fat quarters that I received in a birthday swap a few years ago. I requested floral fabric for my fat quarters and the ladies in the group did not disappoint. I received a lovely collection of floral prints which have been languishing in my basket of things to do. They are languishing no more.


I had a pattern in mind for a couple of years after seeing it made up on another blog so after a few hours of cutting and sewing and pressing seams, I have a quilt top ready to quilt. I'm not sure how I will quilt it yet but hopefully it won't take me years to progress to the next stage like it did to get to this one.
I hope everyone has a had a lovely weekend. It has been very nice here even if a little on the cool side. The only downside is that tomorrow school goes back and I will be without my chums for the day.
Tracy

1 comment:

Christine said...

Your top looks great Tracy. Hopefully you won't take as long as me to quilt yours! Thanks for sharing.