Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Good intentions

I had intentions of blogging on January 1st but it was not to be. The satellite that provides our internet or maybe even the computer itself would not play along until this afternoon. No internet does make for keeping other good intentions though such as getting outside and doing. The vegetable garden which really should be called a kitchen garden to be a little more accurate is benefitting greatly from no computer activity. See why it should be a kitchen garden. The vegetable garden is home to an abundance of flowers, herbs and vegetables. This peachy gladioli is just so sweet right now. I do like gladioli but mine always seem to topple over which ruins the display.

I also intend this year to get more crafty things done rather than just think about them.

On New Years Day I started and finished this bag for my sister. I had a charm pack titled "happy" from a swap and some bright purple homespun which was just right. I printed the pattern out last year and have been meaning to make it someday. It was designed by Khris and was just the right thing to start off a year of getting things done.


The weather has taken a turn with the new year too. We are finally feeling summery. It has been hot. Hot enough even for a trip to the pool for a refreshing swim and hot enough for the garden to be watered two days in a row.

Tracy


4 comments:

Janice said...

You have made a great start to the new year on the crafting front. I'm sure the bag will be well received. I love the colour of your Gladdi. I planted some for the first time this year and mine have toppled over too. They are rather spectacular though. I'm also enjoying my dahlias. I'm also having satellite internet connection problems. Which company are you with? I'm seriously looking at changing.

Lisa said...

I'm glad you're back online - good luck with your crafting resolutions!

Bec - Farmers Wife said...

The bag looks great, I'm sure she will love it.

Hoping also to do some craft (well at least make a start)anyway LOL

Anonymous said...

Lovely Bag Tracy and I too hope to be more productive in the sewing room and blogging but WORK always has to come first :)