Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tidying Up Bounty

The vegetable garden is a trifle chaotic right now. There is a flush of growth and everything was looking tangled and messy. I am not opposed to a messy garden but if I can't see the produce then I certainly can't pick it to cook. So I have happily spent most of the morning tying up rampant tomato bushes and discovering zucchini that really should have been picked a few days ago.


I love to cook and especially when I have something inspiring me. I am going to use these too big zucchini for some soup, a zucchini chocolate cake, a slice and some biscuits/cookies too.



This zucchini isn't too big so it will be served at dinner tonight. The tomatoes will go along with some parsley and other goodies to make a tabouli.

I am very much a cook who is inspired by what I have. I will first see what is in the garden or fridge and pantry and then consult the recipe books rather than find a recipe and then hope I have the ingredients. I do however on occasion see a recipe that I would like to make and then go about buying the ingredients.




Pistachio and cranberry biscotti


I saw this recipe on Viv's blog and it tempted me enough to buy some dried cranberries. I'm glad I did. My biscotti might be a little more toasted in appearance than it should be but it is delicious and it was simple to make and might just be on the healthy side as far as baked goods go.


Tracy







5 comments:

Lisa said...

It's amazing how much you can do with an overlarge zucchini.

Bec - Farmers Wife said...

If everything went pear shaped tomorrow, you wouldn't starve.

Would you consider posting your zuchinni and chocolate receipe? sounds yummy.

Susan said...

How satisfying to grow such beautiful fruit and vegetables - I don't seem to have much luck with my efforts. The biscotti sounds delicious - love pistachio and cranberry together, especially in nougat!

Lisa said...

Tracy, I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog award. Hope you don't mind! :)

Kirby said...

What a beautiful garden, i'm jealous. Looks like you had a reasonable haul too.