Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Busy, busy


This was my view on Monday morning. Bright and early at Hope's athletics carnival. The fog took the best part of the morning to lift and afterwards it was a chilly day to say the least. I was glad that I started and finished the scarf I was making because it really made a difference. I haven't owned a scarf since I was in primary school and now I know what I have been missing all of these years. It was a good day despite the cold conditions and I managed to get a half a dishcloth knitted and a few more stitches completed on a stitchery I am working on (all in between watching the events of course).

We had a pancake breakfast at school yesterday which meant another early trip to town and then some grocery shopping.

I also have an anniversary present to procure for Tim for next week. I'm leaving it very much to the last minute because I just can't think what to give him. As each year passes, it gets harder to think of  something to give. We have all we need  and he isn't really one for gifts that aren't practical. Me on the other hand, anything handmade and pretty suits me just fine (edible gifts are always welcome too).

On the home/ farm front, the cold weather means lots of wood collecting, extra hearty feeding for the poultry, supplementary feeding of the cattle and sheep on the really cold days and not much to do in the garden but wander and ponder.

My girls have their last day of school tomorrow for three weeks so it's fun times ahead.
Tracy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it has been freezing Tracy,we were minus 3 this morning and we had the biggest frost,sounds like you are keeping busy on the farm.xx

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Happy early anniversary :) I hope you can stay warm - the scarf should help!

Zara said...

There's been foggy mornings here of late too.
and I know what you mean about anniversary presents- It is tricky. i'm one for making cushion covers, or buying something kitchen related- knife set, scales, chopping board etc. x