Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Friday Night with Friends

Well once again, I didn't get a lot of craft done during Friday Night with Friends. I am just terrible at staying up past 9pm and once dinner etc is all sorted that doesn't leave much time for actual crafting. I think next month I will make an early start so I have some real progress to show. I'm always in awe of the achievements of my fellow FNwF crafters. They are clever gals.
 




Well mostly I tidied up my messy yarn collection. It was a mish-mash of bits and pieces that people have given me. I am grateful for the gift of the yarn but I am being realistic and I know that most of it will just languish here so, the excess is bagged up ready for the charity shop or the local charity-blanket knitting group. Where I hope it will be put to good use. Two baskets of tangled and disorganised yarn are now neat and tidy and cut back to one basket. So that's more to put on the decluttering list too.


 I unearthed a bag of black, grey and white granny squares too. They are from a swap from a few years ago and I am unsure whether I even like them or not. I'll think about it. I suppose at the very least they could be joined up and donated to someone who might be in need of a warm blanket.


They don't look too bad all set out and maybe with some more grey and some borders. I'll see. I just really don't like having all of these items lurking in the cupboard, it is such a waste of resources and effort. I don't like waste and I'm feeling like all those WIPs that might never be completed are just that. Better to pass them on to someone else who will love them or at the very least use them.

So that is the extent of my crafting for Friday Night with Friends. If you want to see some real crafting then please visit some of the other ladies who took part last night. I'm a shirker this month.

Thanks Cheryll for hosting.

Tracy

12 comments:

Debbie said...

I think I need to take a leaf out of your book and do a spot of de-cluttering...oh but where to start...and as for WIP, I looked, looked again and thought I might look again another day!!! Debbie x

Amy at love made my home said...

It is good to have a declutter and get organised isn't it. I think that the squares could be joined together and made into a small blanket that someone might like, they are a good collection of different designs aren't they. xx

River said...

An idea: you know how a lot of granny blankets are very colourful and joined then edged with black? Do this as a reverse and join/edge all the black squares with a bright colour like red or coral pink or something. Or white. Yellow?

Maria said...

It seams a lot of us are cleaning up and working on UFOs this year.
Bet you are pleased to have sorted through your baskets of yarns and the unwanted ones are always sew useful for community blankets...
I think your swap blocks will look great together and will be a good blanket when all joined...

Tracy said...

We all has those unfinished projects lurking in cupboards don't we. I think you to did a good job sorting all the yarn and I like your idea of making up the blanket and donating it, there are charities here in the UK that do the same. I need to get my evening crafting sorted too as by the time I've put our youngest to bed if I haven't got anything organised and I sit down that's me done for the evening! I sure next Friday you will have plenty to show.

kiwikid said...

Well done on the tidying and sorting..you may not have created anything Tracy but you are organised to get going now!! Will be interesting to see what you do with the black and white squares.

Janet said...

Good job with sorting. I need to do more of that! I think the black, grey and white blocks might look great with a bright variegated coloured strip in between the blocks.

Kimberley said...

I took a massive massive basket of wool into school last year - have not missed it. Now to stay away from op shops to buy more odds and ends of it. Decided I had not crocheted in years, so possibly was not going to start anytime soon.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

It's always feels good to get organized. Great job!

Notthatkindoffarmer said...

Sounds like you had an excellent day!
And you work is absolutely fantastic…!!
Thanks for sharing.

Käthe said...

So viel schönes Garn !
In schwarz weiß gehäkelt sieht es sehr schön aus.
Liebe Grüße
Käthe

Joan said...

I have a large basket of yarn that I am trying to use up in my crochet projects. I love the black squares they will make a nice blanket. Joan Jepson