Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Sewing and soup weather.


A lovely wet and misty day today. I do love this kind of weather because it is a novelty and not the norm. Outside jobs get done quick smart and then onto some sewing. I am one of those who doesn't feel quite right sitting down to stitch when there is some work I could or should be doing. I need to let go of that notion or at the least loosen its grip on me.

So today I've pottered about. Prepping my Send a Little Love Swap hosted by Tracy. Sewing this and that in readiness for tomorrow's post so it can wing its way all the way to Pat.



Just a sneaky peep at some of the fabric I have used. Doesn't give anything away at all so Pat is still in the dark until her package arrives. I love this Aussie fabric but this is the last of it in my stash.




 Lunch was a big bowl of soup (I think dinner will be too). I bought some sweet potatoes because they were on special $2/kg (which is special for here) and because I love them. I make this soup all the time and truth be told most of my pureed soups are made in much the same manner as this one. Onion, garlic sweated in olive oil, add the desired vegetables and cover with water. Add a little stock powder too or use liquid stock if you prefer.


I've had stock on my shopping list for a week now and I keep forgetting to buy it. Never mind, a little bit of Vegemite has been doing the trick each  time I've needed it.

The actual recipe for this Sweet Potato and Red Lentil Soup can be found way back here in 2010. Wow, that's a while ago. Even the lentil shirkers in my house love this soup. It's easy  and I like that because sometimes no matter how much you like cooking, a quick and healthy meal is what you prefer.

Tracy



5 comments:

River said...

We're having soup weather here right now too, so I got a container of spaghetti sauce out of the freezer for dinner and noticed a left over container of grated zucchini, so got that out too and I'll add it to the spag. sauce.
Your soup recipe looks yummy.

Janice said...

There's nothing quite like soup on a bleak day. It look delicious. I hope you were productive with your stitching.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy,oh I love your first pic and Thankyou for your yummy recipe it will be one that I will try ,hope you have a lovely evening my friend xx

Amy at love made my home said...

Great fabric! Never thought of using vegemite like that. Good idea! xx

Pat's Patch said...

I am really excited to see what you have made Tracy, and honoured that you are sending me a piece of your treasured Australian fabric. Your soup looks delicious. Love Pat x