Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Harvest Monday- March 21

After partcipating in Belinda's Back-to-Basics last year, I thought I might participate in Daphne's Harvest Mondays. It will at least give me a little bit of focus rather than being all over the place all of the time. Hopefully.

My Harvest Monday is actually posted on Tuesday but is what I harvested Monday afternoon for our dinner. All up there was 1.242 kg / 2.74 pounds of bounty from the garden in my little basket.

We had an Hungarian Beef casserole for last nights dinner so I accompanied it with a creamy mash of potatoes- Sapphire and Kennebec. Unfortunately even the temptation of a purply mash cannot make my youngest eat mashed potatoes. She only likes them roasted. Alongside the potatoes were top weight carrots, greensking zucchini and a side salad of rocket, cos, tomatoes, basil, spring onions, lemon cucumber and Hungarian wax capsicum. And just because it was an Hungarian casserole and was flavoured with smoky paprika, I included a gorgeous red paprika chilli from the garden too.

The paprika chilli is quite mild with a thick flesh which I guess makes it good for producing the dried and ground paprika. I have plenty of seeds from the parika chillies for next year and swapping if anyone is interested.
Tracy

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow - sounds so good!

Hazel said...

It's weird...I always consider it my Summer garden...but all the goodies come in Autumn! Great harvest.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful harvest!

belinda said...

Wow nice work. It's wonderful to see everyone's goodies starting to be harvested.

Kind Regards
Belinda

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

You have so many variety of harvest from your garden. They all look pack up with nutrient.

Daphne Gould said...

That sounds delicious. I bought some seeds for paprika this year. I hope they grow well. We get some pretty cool summer. Chili peppers tend to do better than sweet peppers though.