Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A storm swept through town yesterday. There was a quite a bit of damaged caused and I was stuck in the car while it was buffeted by wind and the odd piece of hail. I'm not scared of much but the feeling that the car might just take off is a little disconcerting to say the least.
 
 
 Due to low visibility things were at a stand still for about half an hour and then it left as quickly as it came.

 Today is a completely different picture. The storm blew the extreme heat away and left behind a glorious sunny day with just a hint of a breeze.

 The plants always perk up after rain and things are green on our farm although many other farms close by have very little feed and the pastures have browned off. That could possibly be because of our position or just because of different practices.

 The ducklings which hatched a couple of weeks ago are growing very quickly which is what ducklings do. Try as i might, I can not get them to look at the camera. They will soon lose their cuteness so I really want a nice picture of them. So listen up ducks.

 Now I have my big eater home and the weather is cooperating, there has been action on the baking front. Chocolate freckle biscuits,
 date and maple loaf,
apple custard tea cakes and not pictured, chocolate mint slice and meringues too. Consumed in moderation and with a lot of activity, they don't do too much damage to the waistline. I also don't have a sweet tooth so I'm safe.
Tracy

11 comments:

elflyn said...

I made a date and maple loaf yesterday too! :)
So yummy!
xx

Kimmie said...

Crazy hot weather up my way! Those baked goods sure look delish!

Kimmie said...

Crazy hot weather up my way! Those baked goods sure look delish!

Joolz said...

Hasn't the weather been crazy - we have 3 seasons in 3 days! Hot, nice, cold, hot, nice, cold.

The date & maple cake looks yummy, haven't heard of that one before....

Cheers - Joolz

Joolz said...

PS: It all looks yummy! :)

Lisa said...

wow look at that rain...mmm the all look yummy and how cute are the ducklings..dreaming of living on acres so i can live simpler life..


AND thank you thank you thank you MY PARCEL arrived and i just LOVE them
hugs xo

Fiona said...

crazy weather all over... I love the little duck pictures.. even if they won't turn around - they do have a sweet swagger... awesome baking... I like the sound of maple and date...
Hugz

Becky said...

I wish I didn't have a sweet tooth....and so does my waste line. Your baked goods look YUMMY!

Chookyblue...... said...

glad you survived the storm.........heard it was bad around the area.......

africanaussie said...

I unfortunately do have a sweet tooth, and those all look so yummy.... I have a crocheted snowflake giveaway on my blog today - that is the only thing likely to cool me down is to think about snow. It is pretty hot up here in the tropics.

Tania said...

Sounds like the weather we have been having...

All that food is making me hungry :)

By the looks,those ducklings aren't going to stay babies long!

xx