Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Cooped up

Cold and wet here today so I'm feeling a little 'cooped up'. The poultry aren't, they are still busy scratching about in the drizzle but I'm inside avoiding getting wet. Some sewing has been done and a cuppa or two have been enjoyed but not much else worth mentioning. Dinner is in the slow cooker, washing is drying ever so slowly on the veranda and because I can, I have been listening to my choice of cd's for much of the day (the girls are back at school).
 

It is raining in the picture but you can't see the drops, just the grass that I have half mowed, some oats and grazing cattle. The chores that must be done whatever the weather are almost all done. Just have to lock the poultry up for the night and feed them their dinner.

 While I was outside collecting the mail, I noticed a visitor on my California poppies.


A rather pretty butterfly. I think it is a Wanderer/ Monarch butterfly but really I have not much of a clue about these things. They just look pretty and as long as they aren't causing problems to my edibles then they are very welcome. This one made the most of the shelter near the house because I'm sure they don't like getting wet too much.

Well, it has stopped raining for now so I am heading outdoors while I can. I have a garden bed or two that need attention sometime soon.
Tracy

6 comments:

trishie said...

That does look like a monarch butterfly, though I'm no expert either. So pretty though!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a perfect day. Plus it is much easier to pull out weeds after rain.

Bec said...

good close up of the butterfly

Lisa said...

Oh, your view, your view, your VIEW!!!




Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

The photos are just beautiful!

Kimberley said...

Yes a monarch - about the only butterfly we see here all the time! We have a swan plant where they hatch - in lots of schools and neighbourhoods too.