Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Back to the commonplace

The wonderful hectic pace of pre-Christmas has passed and things are back to the commonplace and common pace of life. Gifts have been exchanged, phone calls made and a large amount of food consumed. Now it is time to go back to normal and prepare for the new year and things to come. My little parcels have been delivered and well received.


Vintage tea towel apron
I can show some of the items that I made. I used a tea towel from my grandmother's vast collection of souvenir tea towels. I think I still have about 30 left from various places she visited in her 86 years. I used this pattern with a few modifications including making the strap in one step with one long strip of fabic rather than the more time consuming steps in the pattern. )I'm lazy, what can I say).

Super quick button rings
I also made a few items of jewellery. Some button rings inspired by some made by Jodie and some very geeky Lego earrings which I didn't take a picture of. The rings took all of about five minutes to make and are super cute. Once Grace and Hope saw them, I had to make them one each too.

Ted, Grace,Hope Kelly, Tom, Me
We spent Christmas Day between home and my parents' home and also on a treasure hunt at the lookout. A fun day but I'm still tired.

Boxing Day everyone descended on our house. Tim worked( and was busy) but the rest of us enjoyed mini pavlovas, scones and tiny chocolate button biscuits with tea or coffee. The girls made a great new friend, my sister's mother-in-law, and spent the morning beading together. There are bracelets galore at our house at the moment.
Today however was much more 'normal'. Gardening, tidying, watching the cricket and relaxing which is how I plan to spend the next few days too.
Tracy






4 comments:

Joolz said...

Sounds like a lovely Christmas day with your family.

Best wishes for a bright and happy New Year,

Cheers - Joolz

Janice said...

Your Christmas and Boxing Day sound wonderful. I love the gifts you made. Very cute. I'll be glad to start to get back to normal now too.

Lilbitbrit said...

Hi Tracy,

Love the gifts you made, and thinking of your grandmother collecting all those tea towels.

The family photo was lovely.

Christy

Vickie said...

glad your gifts were well recieved and the girls must be having a ball with thier beading,lovely family pic thanks for sharing ..enjoy oyur days of normal..back to work fo rme tomorrow,cheers Vickie