Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Table runner...done and posted

I did complete the sewing that I set out to do last week. I stuck with a fairly simple style as my swap partner didn't give me many clues as to what she would prefer just the guidelines of nothing too pastel. I think I covered that pretty well. I don't really have many pastel fabrics in my stash anyway. Apart from the backing and the white, the fabrics I used came from Bec. I'm glad I have some left over too because I really liked the colours. Thanks Bec. We spent another day In Uralla and Armidale yesterday. The weather was beautiful until the afternoon when the typical autumn afternoon coolness crept in. Instead of coming home via the highway, we detoured via Walcha. I always enjoy travelling through Walcha because I get to see my dream home, Langford. It is a beautiful, grand house and a trifle ostentatious but I could handle that I'm sure. I just satisfy my desire for a big, old mansion by choosing that style of accommodation whenever we travel. All the fun without the expensive upkeep. Today is chilly. I'm even thinking about lighting the fire. It would be nice and the kids will love it. I'll do it. Tracy

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

nice runner..........

Janice said...

I'm sure your swap partner will love her runner. It has turned cold here as well. We have the fire alight and have had our first frosts through the week. Today has been drizzly. I love this kind of weather.