Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Chilly night, lovely day

Last nights dinner at the TAFE restaurant was delicious. $30 for a three course meal prepared by apprentice chefs and served by wait staff in training. There is a lot to be said for being served by and cooked for by people who are out to impress their teachers. If anyone has the opportunity to visit their local college I can recommend it. I felt a little like a judge on a television cooking show only I was there to enjoy, not to critique. I didn't take pictures because I thought it might add a bit of unnecessary pressure. I'm glad I put those new flannel sheets on the bed. We had out first fair dinkum frost of the season last night. I think this frost might be the official end of the summer garden.

I'm grateful that this Chinese Lantern shrub is my mother's and not mine. It looked pretty but a little chilly this morning in its icy coat.




Not only frost but a fog too. I love foggy weather (except when I have to drive). It has a bit of mystery about it. I half expect Kate Bush to pop out of the mist singing Wuthering Heights.

Typically, the fog lifted and the frost melted to bring a beautiful sunny day. Just right for drying washing and salvaging anything left in the garden which needs it.




Tracy













3 comments:

Blore said...

That fog looks great. We had our first light frost in Camden this morning so can only imagine that is was a little heavier up there.

Lisa said...

Beautiful frost photos, Tracy.
I've been to a nearby college dining room, and you are right; inexpensive and delicious. Everybody so pleasant, and a great variety. It was a while ago - I'd almost forgotten about it.

Bec - Farmers Wife said...

Yep, know what you mean about the cold, the mercury has dropped here too. But, the days are just beautiful.