Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Garden Share

Messy
 The beginning of the month is time to share bits and pieces from the vegetable garden via the Garden Share Collective. It comes around so quickly.

This month the theme in my garden is beautiful mess. It truly is a mess out there. Grass growing all over the place because I won't disturb the pumpkins rambling every which way. I like a beautiful mess now. I'm not sure how keen I'll be when it's time to tidy up said mess.


Beautifully messy cucamelons

 Harvesting
  • flowers
  • herbs
  • cucumbers (the cucamelons/ Mexican sour gherkins are a favourite)
  • tomaotes
  • chillies
  • capsicum
  • melons
  • potatoes
  • carrots
  • tomatillos
  • strawberries
  • limes
  • eggplants
  • spinach
  • zucchini

 I'm waiting impatiently on pumpkins of all different sorts.

Messy again

Atlantic Giant .
 Planting
I'm sticking fairly close to the Gardenate guide this month so I have plenty to sow directly and into seed trays. I also have an order from Diggers on its way so I'll have spring flowering bulbs, garlic and such to go in too.
 
 
A mini disaster a couple of weeks ago, the little greenhouse with my seed trays blew over. Not all were lost but it is disheartening. The survivors are looking a little worse for their experience but maybe it will help toughen them up. Fingers crossed.
 
 
To do
My list of things to do this month will probably take me longer than a month to complete. That's all my jobs, not just gardening. I'll stick with the gardening chores here.
  • remove plants as they become non-productive
  • mow
  • tidy up compost bays and make compost
  • weed herb garden path
  • plant autumn/ winter vegetables
  • and all of the things I've forgotten or don't know about yet
 
http://www.strayedtable.com/grow/garden-share/
 
The Garden Share Collective is a group of bloggers who share their vegetable patches, container gardens and the herbs they grow on their window sills. Creating a monthly community to navigate through any garden troubles and to rival in the success of a good harvest we will nurture any beginner gardener to flourish. Each month we set ourselves a few tasks to complete by the next month, this gives us a little push to getting closer to picking and harvesting. The long-term goal of the Garden Share Collective is to get more and more people gardening and growing clean food organically and sustainably.
The Garden Share Collective runs on the first Monday of each Month
 
 
Happy gardening
Tracy

12 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow everything is looking awesome amongst all the mess is bountiful produce that is the best part x

Lilbitbrit said...

Your garden is always so abundant and you grow the most lovely flowers

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy lots happening in your garden,can't beat homegrown xx

Lisa said...

What a beautiful crop.

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey, I love the look of that bright orange and green pumpkin. What variety is it? i have not seen one like it. You have had wonderful harvests this month. Happy Autumn planting.

lizzie {Strayed Table} said...

I hope your little seedlings come back to life after their mini disaster. I love the look of your turkish turban pumpkins. I actually spotted my first ever pumpkin today in the garden - a real one - Queensland blue.

Anonymous said...

Your garden looks great! I know exactly what you mean about long grass .. I have the same problem with my zucs and cucumbers! Wow, love that pumpkin :)

Unknown said...

Your garden is very productive! Mine is looking messy too, and I was just thinking how much I'm looking forward to ripping out all the mess and starting again fresh, but it never lasts long!

Jo @ Country Life Experiment said...

Loving your pumpkins! I love all the pretty different types!

africanaussie said...

Oh you do have an interesting harvest Tracy, those cucumelons look interesting and your turban pumpkin is almost too beautiful to eat. Thank you so much for the awesome fabric you sent for my quilt.

Janice said...

I've just had a chance to catch up on your doings. This is certainly a busy time of the year. Literally reaping the rewards of all your hard work. Those cucamelons are so cute. I can understand that they are a great snack.

Kimmie said...

I've resorted to planting veg/herbs/fruit in pots due to marauding bush turkeys.

Will post some photo's next week :)

As always your harvest looks fab!

Hugs


Kimmie
http://theserendipitycafe.blogspot.com.au/