Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

Menu etc

foxgloves and lavender

I'm glad to say I don't have to do much thinking for this weeks menu. There is a birthday coming up in the household in a week or so and the birthday girl gets to choose the menu this week. Hooray!

I haven't been online much this week. Well I  have been online, and probably more than I should but I haven't written anything here. It's a balancing act.


Flanders poppies in the vegetable garden

Lots of jobs getting done in the real world so that's good. Netting fruit trees. The birds have already had more apricots than I would like and I don't even really like apricots that much. Watering is daily for some young seedlings that haven't established themselves yet. Of course the self-sown seedlings power on and don't care too much about whether I tend them or not.

Broad beans- tonight's dinner
 
This week's menu:
  • Butter chicken tofu (my favourite way to eat tofu)
  • lasagne
  • Mushroom and leek pie
  • Fried rice
  • Beetroot tart
  • Asparagus and broadbean on sourdough (with goat's cheese)
Salads or other vegetables on the side too. Depends what says 'pick me' in the garden or 'buy me' in the greengrocers.
 
Tracy
 



5 comments:

River said...

You don't like apricots?
That's okay...more for me :)
I can hardly wait for our apricot season to start.
Your daughter gets to choose a week of menus for her birthday?? My kids got to choose one day. I remember one year we had lemon meringue pie for breakfast on someone's birthday.

Unknown said...

Healthy menu choices by the birthday girl. Mine would have steak and kidney pie and golden syrup dumplings with egg custard.

Cath said...

Mmmmm! some of those meals sound delicious! Will you come and share you post at Cath@Home this coming Wednesday?

FlashinScissors said...

These are our type of meals, Tracy, and it's taken years for us to eat this way! I'll be back to make notes! You have some lovely scenery around you, must be hard to keep up with the watering!

I must get another "food" post written!

Barbara xx

kiwikid said...

Beautiful photos Tracy, love the Flanders poppies.., they grew all over the place at Gisborne too...I spotted one tiny seedling in a pot last week, so they have come to the new house with us..hopefully it flowers and seeds here.