Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2022

FNwF

A couple of days after FNwF and I am getting around to posting what I got up to. During the day I made a project pouch but I haven't taken a picture of it. Maybe next time. 

In the evening I got started on a lace zipper pouch that I have been wanting to make for a while. I am not the biggest English paper piecing fan. I like the end result but I struggle with the actual stitching because my glasses need updating. I also struggle with deciding on fabrics. This time I opted for some vintage doilies that were a bit tatty for use as doilies.



 I'm happy with the result and it once the hexie flower is made, the actual pouch takes only minutes to make. The hexie flower took me and my dodgy eyes more than minutes that's for sure.

Thank you Cheryll for hosting.

Bye for now,

Tracy

10 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love the bag & the hexies are gorgeous.

River said...

It looks lovely, I'm not good at putting zippers in things. If I was, several of my fleece jumpers would have new zippers by now.

Karen's Korner said...

Pretty and practical.

Karen's Korner said...

Pretty and practical.

Cheryll said...

Oohhhh I love the lace pouch... it's very pretty.
Thanks for stopping in for FNwF this month...xox

Lin said...

What a great use of your vintage doilies - so pretty! xx

Janice said...

What a lovely to use of your doileys. So pretty. I have some doiley parts left over from the quilt I made, so should try some hexies with those.

Pink Rose said...

Beautiful Tracy ,well done 🤍💕🤍

Chookyblue...... said...

I have glasses that I only use for hand stitching........single lens for up close.......
great use of the old doilies.....

kiwikid said...

Beautiful pouch and a great way to use vintage doilies.