Pages

Monday, February 26, 2024

Recent makes

If you follow me on Instagram then you will have seen some of these already. I'm doing The 100 day project . I decided on a whim that for my 100 days, I would make a card a day. I've made 9 and at this stage it is fun and doesn't feel like a chore. If it gets to that stage then I might just call it quits. Most days it has been a 5 to 10 minute follow along painting tutorial video. 


Other days I just get out my box of papery bits and pieces, stickers, washi tape, and glue and just make something. 


I am in a swap which is for a handmade mending patch. I made the patch below for my partner. It was more difficult than I thought it would be because I tend to overthink these things. The actual making is not hard, just trying not to worry too much about is it good enough and trying not too do too much, it's a mending patch afterall.




 Not a good picture of it but I have also made some bunting for the vegetable garden. It has no use other than it brings me some delight. It looks pretty waving about in the breeze. I have wanted some for ages so just got in and did it, all 6 metres of it. A great way to put some scraps to use.

Tracy


4 comments:

River said...

The cards are very nice, I love the bunting and the mending patch. I've never thought of making mending patches pretty.

Janice said...

Your cards are lovely, especially your watercolour. The patch will cheer up a garment. I’m not sure Mick would like one like that n his duds LOL. What fun to have bunting in the veges. You’ll have to do some yarn bombing next.

Linda P said...

All your makes are pretty. I enjoyed a little glimpse of your veg patch and the trees.

kiwikid said...

Well done on the card making, they look lovely. Your patch is perfect! Love the bunting, we need all the happy and smiles we can get in our lives.