Pages

Monday, February 19, 2024

Vietnam 2023

Early in November last year, we had a trip to Vietnam. We have only been on one package tour before and I didn't think I would do another but a decent price and a 2 for 1 offer from TripADeal had us booking it in. I was dubious before the trip but wanted to go. I'm glad I did. Vietnam is a beautiful country, the people we met were friendly, and the tour itself was quite good. There were only 11 people on our tour so it was a nice small group and everyone could get to know each other.


We saw plenty of churches and temples. 


I'm generally a tea drinker but I really liked the Vietnamese coffee with condensed milk. It's strong and sweet and a little goes a long way.


Of course I posted a few postcards. Shopping in Vietnam is interesting. In a lot of places, haggling is welcome and expected. I am not good at it. I'd rather know how much to pay and just pay it. It is an inexpensive country to be a tourist in. Food, drink ,and most things are much cheaper than here in Australia. Just have to get your head around the currency.


Hanoi was very busy and bustling. The traffic and scooters in particular are a sight. Crossing the road was daunting at first but you get the hang of it quickly enough and it becomes less frightening.





We had an overnight cruise on Halong Bay. WOW!. It is quite a spectacular place. Yes, there are a lot of cruise boats on the bay but it when you are on the boat, it is quiet and peaceful. Just cruising along looking at all of the amazing  limestone monoliths. 



We stayed in the mountain region of Pu Luong. It is away from the city and beautiful. Terraced rice fields, chickens, water buffalo, cattle, and dogs on the roads. Nice and rural.


The train street in Hanoi. I am glad we went there. After a morning on a walking tour of the city it was nice to enjoy an peach iced-tea and wait for the train (which does run dangerously close).



 Would I return to Vietnam? Definitely. 

I am now working out the details of a trip for later in the year.

Tracy xo

5 comments:

doodles n daydreams said...

Wow! Great trip. No wonder you're planning on going back :)

River said...

It looks and sounds wonderful. I've only ever seen Vietnam in movies and on TV. I don't even have a passport!

Lin said...

What an amazing trip! Love your photographs. xx

Linda P said...

I'm happy to know you had a good trip. The descriptions of the places you visited along with the photos are very interesting.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful photos, I enjoyed our trip to Vietnam - was a while back now.