Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Limbo Time


That week between Christmas and New Year when not much is going on at all. I suppose if you hit the sales there is plenty to do. I really enjoy this time of year, it's perfect for staying at home doing nothing or doing plenty. This week I'll be doing a bit of both. I really want to do some serious de-cluttering and pottering about. Organise my notebooks and plans for next year and we have the rather daunting task of packing for an overseas trip for one of us. Twelve moths living in another country sounded so exciting and wonderful back in May and now it still sounds exciting but scary too. I'm going to miss my girl that's for sure. In reality I will probably leave most of my chores until after January 1st and spend the limbo time hanging out with my girls.


I have a new camera. I am not loving it a bit. After some carelessness a couple of weeks ago when I knocked my old camera off the desk, it just simply would not work. The new camera is a newer model of the kind I had before but it just isn't living up to the standards of the old camera. For one thing, the colours  are not right, not true. Perhaps I need to read the instructions. I'll persevere and experiment and hope for the best. As long as I can capture moments and memories that's the important thing, I have delusions of being a photographer.

Hope you are enjoying the limbo period.
Tracy

6 comments:

Snoskred said...

We've got so much done during this limbo time, and we still have a day to go! ;) Happy moments for all.

Kimberley said...

I am in limbo too and l-o-v-i-n-g it. Read an entire book today. Pottered. Wrote two letters. Avoided the too hot for me sun! Washed and folded up 5 loads of laundry. I did another car load drop off to an op shop a week before Christmas after clearing out my wardrobe! Will be thinking of you on Jan 1st - will be an incredible experience but hard as parent too! Bugger about the camera - i never read instructions either...

Lilbitbrit said...

That is exciting but change. Change is hard when it involves our children, we want it for them, we would never stop them, but we know our lives have moved into a different phase.

Dotty's Daughter said...

Hope your girl has a wonderful time,..hope too the camera does work out ok.

River said...

The photos still look very good, even if the colours aren't quite right. And since I don't know the true colours, they look fine to me.
my photos don't come true to colour either, but that's my fault, I have it set on auto and don't bother finding and selecting the correct settings for what I'm photographing.

FlashinScissors said...

We need to get some decluttering done, but I'm not very good at parting with anything!
I hope your daughter has arrived safely here in England!
Who ever reads instructions! I look forward to seeing how you get on with your photos!
Wishing you and your family a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Barbara xx