Pages

Friday, April 10, 2020

Good Friday

I realised the other day after searching on my blog for a picture I wanted, that I miss this space. I really don't have anything earth-shattering or very interesting to share, just bits and pieces from my daily life. That's ok. And it is important to keep connected.

Life right now. For me, I am living in a bubble of almost normal. My life is pretty isolated already and is continuing almost as usual. I haven't left home at all for three whole weeks and it really is no hardship. Tim is back at work on Sunday. He has mostly been at home too except for the few occasions that Hope has needed to be driven to work (her hours are drastically reduced). He is doing the shopping which is a responsibility I will gladly pass to him. I am not a lover of shopping with the exception of garden shops. I can browse those for a while. 😊

sourdough

Every couple of days I make a loaf of sourdough bread. I use the Tartine Bread recipe and have been making this way since 2017. I'd love to try some bread from Tartine Bakery itself someday.

Daily veg baskets

Spending a lot of time each day in the garden. It is good for body, mind and spirit. After the horror summer, the autumn has been bliss. Near perfect days and rain at just the right time. Full rainwater tanks. For a while I never thought that would happen again.

cucamelons

I got a late start to growing this past summer. The drought and also our trip to Europe and the UK put me behind. I only grew Mexican Sour Gherking cucumbers/ cucamelons this season and they have been prolific. Perfect size and just the right amount of tartness.


 I have quite a stock of tea. tea is my tipple of choice and I'm making efforts to take some time out each day to sit and enjoy a special cup or two.




This year the dahlias have been spectacular. I'm already thinking I would like some different colours to add to my collection which seems to be very much in the pink/ red end of the spectrum.


Time for planting garlic bulbs. We eat a lot of garlic.




Track's track

I now have a short walking track mowed in the paddock. I'm aiming to run/ jog a bit but at the moment I am content to walk. Morning and evening twilight are the best times. The birds are bust waking up or settling down. And less likely to encounter a snake.

Other things that occupy my day. Reading. I am currently rereading Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks. It is quite the appropriate read for the present circumstances. I would like to say I am busy stitching and crafting but I haven't had time lately. It's always on my list though. Hoping to catch up on all my correspondence too and maybe even send some random letters or cards here and there. Mail is slow usually and slower still now.

Well that's about it for now.
Bye for now,
Tracy xo

7 comments:

kiwikid said...

Wonderful to see you blogging Tracy. Your garden looks great, so good you are getting food from the garden. The dahlias are beautiful colour. Enjoy your walks, I certainly hope the snakes are not around when you are out.

Lisa said...

You have such a view, Tracy! Quite a vista. I'm glad things seem normal for you after that awful summer.

Maria said...

It's good to see what you have been up to at your place..
Good to hear your water tanks are full and you are getting some nice fresh produce from the garden.

Janice said...

Your news may not be earth shattering, but it is lovely to catch up with what is happening at your place. This autumn has been perfect. Our dahlias are flowering the best they ever have too. We only have two colours, a deep red/purple and an orange one. There are lovely pockets of colour all around the garden and our little vege patch is being very productive, as are the raspberries. It's nice that you are getting a little time out with your cuppa. We all need that for our sanity.

Fiona said...

lovely to hear how you are and what you are up to..... daily life hasn't changed too much for me either though I do miss going to my various sewing groups... I also dislike the shopping....
Hugz

Tania said...

This is a lovely post Tracy. It is nice to catch up with what you are getting up to in these uncertain times.

Your garden is looking really healthy and those dahlias are gorgeous. Your sourdough looks good too.

Happy Easter! {even though it doesn't feel like it}

Take care and enjoy your home time.

xTania

mamasmercantile said...

Glad to see you back and that things are Ok with you. Stay safe is really is strange times.