Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Hello February

Hello,
January flashed by. I didn't get done all of the things that I wanted to but managed all of the things I needed to. It was so hot many days. I have set my Goodreads challenge at 50 books for the year. So far I am on track. As long as I remember (or can be bothered) to record the books as I read them on the site. 



I also joined a crochet along over on Instagram. The Mindful Blanket CAL. The idea is to use yarn you already have and crochet when you want and how much you want. Just a big granny square really. Some days it has been too hot to crochet so I don't.



I'm using the yarn that was left over from my Attic24 sweet pea blanket. I know the colours work well together and it will be nice to not have the yarn languishing in my cupboard. Oh and a blanket at the end of the process. I always forget how much I like to crochet until I pick up the hook and get started. It's quick, easy, and quite forgiving of little mistakes. Easy to undo too. I'll keep plodding along when the mood strikes and when time allows.


 Our youngest has just finished her chef apprenticeship. So we had a little celebration at the cafe where she started three years ago. She switched workplaces half way through to a fancy restaurant in town. The late night hours would do me in. We are all so proud of her. She is ready for adventure now and eager to head to the city to spread her wings.

I am going to try to post each day this month. It is also The Month of Letters so plenty of writing happening with pen and paper as well. 

Bye for now,
Tracy xo

6 comments:

Janice said...

You’re off to a fine start to the year. I can’t believe how your kids have now all grown into independent adults. Well done Hope. The crochet along does sound perfect. No pressure. Like you, I like crochet as you can easily undo it if a mistake is made without having to pick up stitches. The colours are lovely. Good luck with your reading, writing and blogging this month.

River said...

My daughter K has just taught herself to crochet and is working on a blanket, with yarns selected to represent a temperature range and according to the day's temperature, you crochet one row per day in the colour for that temperature. She's doing quite well.

Maria said...

Good luck with both challenges ,,
It's fun to make granny squares and always make a great blanket.
Congrates to your dear daughter.

kiwikid said...

Congratulations to Hope. Did you enjoy the book? I am signed up on Goodreads too, I find some interesting reads there. Great colours for your CAL.

Cheryll said...

OOh the "plate" looks delicious...xox

Fiona said...

Great way to use your scrap yarns..... congratulations to Hope....
Hugz