Mondays are the busy day here. Town day. Grocery shopping, violin lesson, bill paying and generally anything that needs to be done there. Today I'm squeezing in a trip to the RTA (or whatever it is called now) for Grace to take her learner driver test (she turned 16 yesterday so she is very keen). Believe me, I am not keen to have another child driving. I worry about them.
Yesterday we moved the chickens to a new run. Easier said than done. The Isa Browns of course were easy, they are such gluttons that they will go wherever the feed bucket goes. The bantams not so simple to trick into taking up new a residence. There was a fair bit of cajoling and eventually things went right.
The turkeys however are staying put. The mother birds are patiently sitting on their eggs with hatching due soon. The white turkey will let you near her and even allow you to look under her to see what is going on. The brown however will have none of that. Tim has the bites and scratches to prove it (he had to remove some chicken eggs she had 'stolen'). Not long now though. The 28 day incubation does seem to drag on though when you are waiting to see some cute chicks.
Little Trilby is doing her very best to work her charms and win a place in our hearts. Really she didn't have to do a thing, she's already there. When I say little, I mean it. At her withers, she was only knee high when she was born.
What else is going on here today?
- Well the flies are just terrible. I can honestly say that I am yet to find any endearing qualities about flies and I'm in no hurry to look for any either.
- I'm writing my meal plan and shopping list.
- I'm about to do an ab workout. A trip to the coast is imminent and I'm thinking I should have taken up this challenge at least 30 days ago.
- Addressing envelopes and getting this weeks mail ready to post.
- Planted out a white lavender and sowed some luffa seeds.
- Vacuuming, mopping, garden watering, blog reading.
That's how my Mondays pan out.
How's your day?